Call for a free consultation
Unfortunately, too many people assume they can handle a personal injury on their own. The insurance companies are happy to come across those people who prefer to take matters into their own hands. For those who try to tangle with insurance companies on their own, there is always the possibility there will be no recovery at all.
The best solution when there is a personal injury, or a loved one suffers an injury, is to call an experienced lawyer who can handle the claim. The attorney’s goal is to help their client recover the maximum compensation. Consider the following top reasons to hire a car accident lawyer.
1. While you may feel certain an accident was not your fault, the other party and their insurance company may not be on the same page. Your accident lawyer can get personally involved and even visit the accident scene to gather additional evidence, which could prove critical at some future date. They can even hire professionals who will reconstruct how an accident happened.
2. Another reason to let a car accident attorney handle your case is because they understand the medical aspects that may be relevant. They have the skills to make the connection between any bodily injuries and negligence on the other party’s behalf. Without being able to make this connection, an inexperienced person could lose out on thousands of dollars in potential damages.
3. Your attorney also knows that insurers work hard not to pay claims, and when they do, they will likely try to pay as slowly as possible. At best, they will try to minimize settlements. A car accident attorney can add value because they know how to present facts that can convince insurance companies of real injuries.
4. While a high number of accident claims settle without going to court, the fact remains that someone has to negotiate strong for your position. It is best to place your trust in a car accident lawyer with a good track record for winning cases.
5. A qualified and effective car accident attorney will also know the perfect time to settle. Their knowledge of timing is also critical for knowing when to file a claim. The client will know the exact steps to take and when to take them. A layperson simply does not have the knowledge to handle these things.
6. An insurance company will show aggression in not wanting to pay your claim. It makes perfect sense to have someone in court who can represent your interests just as aggressively. Your attorney knows your rights and the settlement that you deserve. His or her goal is to make sure you receive fair compensation.
Most importantly, a car accident lawyer knows the legal rules and procedures to follow in your case. If there are time limits involved, they will know. An attorney can do all the necessary legwork to negotiate a settlement that is fair and that can work in your favor. They are the professionals who can gather police reports, statements from witnesses, organize medical records, and argue for the reimbursement of employment or wage losses.
An awesome firm that truly cares about you. I thought I could handle the USDA on my own, but failed. Todd intervened and helped fix my mistakes.- Denton, CLIENT Denton